All 14 art Reviews

1yr 1yr

this is pretty cool! i see that you have a good amount of highlights here, but no shadows! try getting more values in there and watch out for not only your overall composition, but the things you added to the bottom are drawing focus in a bad way.

Akuaitance responds:

Yeah, composition isn't yet my thing. As for values, I agree, i've been doing studies of it lately but i am yet to fully understand the meaning of it. Hopefully, i can make some headway on it.

Thanx again for ur time and review :)

Heilige Sebastian (master study) Heilige Sebastian (master study)

there is a texture here that is making this look like a realllllly low res image. there are brushes that emulate both canvas and oil paint textures, so i would recommend trying to get you effects that way. filters are pretty much gonna devalue the work everytime (there are very few exceptions)

Akuaitance responds:

most probably its the filter that is making it look low res (on my attempt to hide my mistakes).i basically used two brushes on this, the chalk and acrylic brushes on gimp.
But lesson learned & will most definitely heed ur advice | i know see this in a whole diff' way.., thnx.
Also another Thanx for taking ur time. Am truly grateful

Double Date Double Date

This turned out really well. while a teensy bit jarring, the horizontal lines were a smart choice, compositionally. they keep my eye moving along the picture plane at all 4 characters, instead of just being stuck on one character.

good job!

icecream and dog icecream and dog

congratulations on the feature! great colors, composition, and concept!

kmau responds:

Thanks man

Ethereal Ethereal

this is my favorite thing by you, so far!!!

The Queen The Queen

i LOVE this one!!!

Quixote87 responds:

Thank You!!!

The Sun is not Dead The Sun is not Dead

pretty snazzy! i really like this!

The Araneolus The Araneolus

This is pretty cool! my only quibble would be that i wish the background and central figure contrasted each other more.

maybe if you try using a dark, nuetral blue for your shadows instead of black, i think the figure would pop a little more.

Syavi responds:

Thank you very much! I actually used a purple tone, but I guess I de-saturated it a little too much. Definitely something to keep an eye out for the future, thanks! x3

The fox (painting) The fox (painting)

Hair Girl Hair Girl

I HAVE YET TO SEE ANYTHING THAT I HAVE NOT BEEN IMPRESSED WITH!

you're awesome! cant wait to see more of your art!
(and i would love to do an art trade one day)